Thursday, October 15, 2009

Breguet

Source; Wikipedia:
"Breguet is a manufacturer of luxury watches, founded by Abraham Loius Breguet in Paris in 1775. Currently part of The Swatch Group, its timepieces are now (since 1976) produced in the Vallée de Joux in Switzerland. Breguet is one of the oldest surviving watch-making establishments and is the pioneer of numerous watch-making technologies, the most notable being the tourbillon, invented by Abraham Louis Breguet. Breguet has recently introduced a line of writing instruments as a tribute to writers who mention or feature Breguet watches in their works. Breguet watches are often easily recognized for their coin-edge cases, guilloché dials and blue pomme hands (often now referred to as 'Breguet hands')."




Tradition wristwatch in 18-carat pink gold. Hand-wound mechanical movement in rose goldplate. Dial in black electroplated 18-carat gold, hand-engraved on a pink engine, off-centered at 12 o'clock. Power-reserve indication engraved on the front and back of the movement. Breguet overcoil. Sapphire caseback.
credit to; www.breguet.com





OK. I want this. First I found this fabulous creation while reading the newsweek magazine. I couldn't move my eyes from keep looking at this tremendous watch. Actually, I love the  model. Its tourbillon concept which is we can directly see the mechanics of watch escapement is really awesome. For me, this is a piece of art. Whereas, by looking at the time while you can see it's working. How the gear rotates, how it's fuctioning and yes, others might think I have a weird taste because normally women like things with diamonds or other fancy things with the bling-bling concept. But it is not really weird, because it is Breguet!!! I love the masterpiece and the quality. Millions thanks to Mr. Abraham Loius Breguet, the master of watchmaker for the marvelous invention.  Nothing much if I said no brand better symbolizes the mastery of watch-making today than this, the brand of the Master watch- maker.. eheee! :)

P/s: I wish I got this piece of art for my next birthday present!! hehe :P

No comments: